Wade Upholstery has long been recognised as one of the finest British makers of sofas and chairs, with a history dating back to 1921.
Originally based in a barn in Sandiacre, Wade Upholstery was opened by the late Frisby Wade in 1921. As the business expanded it relocated to Wellington Street, Long Eaton in 1928 which is where the company’s showroom still stands today.
As the reputation of the company grew, so did its customer base. Throughout the 1920’s they made hand crafted leather furniture for the Cunard Shipping Line, including famous cruise liners like the S.S.Mauritiana and it was rumoured that Wade Upholstery furniture had been delivered to the Royal Family in the 1930’s.
The war years were spent making ‘utility’ furniture for hospitals and hospital ships and then production of high quality furniture restarted in the 1940s and continues to present day.
In 1999, Charles Wade, the grandson of Frisbie Wade sold Wade Upholstery brand along with others including Parker & Farr to John Payne and the JDP Furniture Group was formed.
Attention to detail and quality are paramount in the relentless pursuit of excellence in design and construction, ensuring that each piece is practical and a pleasure to live with.